Free QR code generator.
This free QR code generator uses the power of your device on the web. No information is sent to any server, so you can generate and download all the QR codes you want, without limitations, and without the need to install anything.
First, you enter the URL or text that you want to capture in the QR code, and then you choose the level of error correction. This way, if at any time the QR code is partially damaged, it would not be necessary to reprint it. Try to cover part of the QR code with your finger while scanning it with your mobile. We only recommend below standard levels if your text or URL is short.
When you press the download button, a QR code is generated with enough quality to print it at the size you chose (at 300 dpi). Be patient, it may take a few seconds.
What's a QR code?
A QR code is the evolution of barcodes, created in 1994 by Masahiro Hara, for the Denso Wave company in Japan, which was part of Toyota back then.
QR stands for Quick Response, because they were designed to be read as quickly as possible during vehicle manufacturing processes. Nowadays, its use is much more widespread.
What can I do with a QR code?
A QR code can be used to transmit any message, therefore the uses that have been given over time are varied. Some examples of the use of QR codes are:
- Print ads, to gather more information in less space.
- Real estate signs, which contain a URL that can be scanned to see more photos.
- Billboards, so you can scan the ad and get more information.
- Augmented Reality apps, which use them as a method to position objects in 3D.
- Business cards, since QR codes allow you to include your contact information and is a good way to attract attention.
- Discount coupons delivered as a promotion, in the form of QR codes.
- Internet access, scanning a QR code that contains the information of the network to connect to.
- In China they are used on train tickets.
- In some parts of the world, QR codes are being carved in tombstones to house a larger epitaph and display a website as a memorial of a deceased person.
- Loyalty QR codes, for a user to scan it every time they make a purchase and accumulate points.
- Recently, QR codes are being used to show the restaurant menu without the need to physically touch them, due to the global health crisis.
How do I scan a QR code?
Scanning a QR code is very simple, you just need to have a scanner application installed.
If you have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open your Camera app and point to the QR code. You will quickly receive a notification with the content of the QR code. More information on the Apple website.
If you have an Android phone, try opening your camera application and pointing to the QR code. If nothing happens, you will have to download an application that allows you to scan QR codes from the Play Store, or another application store that you have installed on the device. We recommend Barcode Scanner as it is open source, and as an extra, it also reads barcodes. More information about Barcode Scanner.